Secondary Dual Educator Program - Admissions Information
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a strong academic record with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. Complete the application materials below.
Admission to the program requires admission to PSU and the Graduate School of Education. Two separate applications must be sent.
Step 1: PSU Admission
Apply for graduate admission at PSU either online or on paper through the Graduate Admissions website.
Step 2: Graduate School of Education Admission
A. Access the online Secondary Dual Educator Program Application (SDEP) application and create a free account, then complete your application following the steps below. Be sure to write down your username and password so that you can track the progress of your application as it is reviewed.
B. Once you have an account and have logged in:
C. In addition to the application information that you provide online, you will also find instructions for sending documents that need to be mailed or delivered to the address below:
- Click the "Create a New Application" button
- Select "SDEP Application" from the list of programs
- Fully complete all pages of the online application. You can save and return to your application before it is completed if necessary, however when it is complete you must click the "Submit Application Now" button before the February 1 deadline (or until program is filled) if you want your application to be considered.
- Three recommendation forms
- Official transcripts from each institution attended, including PSU (must be in their original unopened envelope) in addition to those sent with your university application
- Photocopies of passing scores on required tests (see Prerequisites and Tests for more information)
- Academic Department Recommendation form (see Prerequisites and Tests for more information)
Send recommendation forms, transcripts, test score reports, and departmental recommendation forms to:
Mark Wallace - SDEP
Curriculum and Instruction Department
Graduate School of Education
PO Box 751
Portland, OR 97207
After submitting your application you will be able to track the review process online. Be sure to write down your username and password so that you can track the progress of your application as it is reviewed.
Finalists for admission to SDEP will be required to participate in an interview.