ReadOregon - Program Completion
ReadOregon Classroom Teacher Certificate of Literacy (12-credit program)
The 12-credit hour graduate-level program is comprised of three credits of coursework in each of the core areas of Literacy for Diverse Learners and Literacy Strategies and Methods plus six credit hours of electives. Required core courses are also integral to the Reading Endorsement program so that teachers can use this program as a "stepping stone" to the Reading Specialist endorsement. The Certificate does not qualify for licensure.
- Submit Program Completion form: students complete three credits of coursework in each of the core areas of Literacy for Diverse Learners and Literacy Strategies and Methods, plus six credit hours of electives.
- Submit unofficial transcripts from all the Reading Endorsement course institutions.
ReadOregon Reading Endorsement (24-credit program)
Requires formal admission to the program (must be completed prior to practicum)
- Submit Program Completion form: students complete three credits of coursework from each of the following five areas: Literacy Foundations, Literacy Strategies & Methods, Literacy for Diverse Learners, Literacy Assessment, and Leadership in Literacy Programs, plus six credits of elective courses, and complete three credits of an applied school- or district-based practicum.
- Submit copy of passing Praxis II exam in reading
Test centers in Oregon
Required tests for Oregon
- Submit official transcripts from all the reading endorsement course institutions.
- Submit PSU/GSE Request for Licensure Recommendation form.
Submit all documentation in single packet to:
Portland State University
Continuing Education, Graduate School of Education, room 204
PO Box 751
Portland, OR 97207
Fax: 503-725-5599 (Attn: Elizabeth Snyder)