ReadOregon Online Reading Endorsement
ReadOregon offers online courses in literacy, literature and reading strategies which are aimed at licensed teachers wanting to add a reading endorsement. The courses are also open to all educators needing to update their licenses and wanting to keep current and relevant in their field.
ReadOregon is a collaborative program between three universities — Portland State University, Eastern Oregon University, and Southern Oregon University, and allows students to take any of the approved reading/literacy courses from any of the collaborating universities.
Students select one of the three universities (EOU, PSU or SOU) as their "home" institution which supervises their practicum. Upon successful program completion, students will be recommended by their home institution to receive the reading endorsement from TSPC.
ReadOregon courses can be used toward:
- a reading specialist endorsement which attaches to your current teaching license
- electives in a master's degree program
- for enriching your own knowledge of literacy, literature, and how children learn
- a 12-credit Literacy Education Certificate of Completion
ReadOregon courses are:
- online and accessible to all
- aligned with Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) and International Reading Association (IRA) standards.
- approved by TSPC, in August 2003.
Click here for information on available scholarships, financial aid, and estimated program costs.
Teachers must successfully complete the program of study, complete a supervised practicum, and pass the Praxis II exam in Reading in order to add the Reading Specialist endorsement to their existing teaching license.