In spring 2005, Portland State University and Continuing Education began using a new student identification system called the PSU OneCard. Since using Social Security numbers as ID is a growing concern, the University assigns a unique and randomly generated ID number to every student.
The new PSU OneCards with your ID number are mailed directly to all PSU and Continuing Education students. Here are a few facts on how to use the card and the benefits provided every student:
NOT ACTIVATE THE ONECARD — USE AS ID ONLY
- Allows students to get grades and transcripts. (This option applies to most cooperative agency students.)
- Keep the PSU OneCard for ID purposes; it is the official ID for any future class registrations.
- Does not allow students use of PSU library services and computer labs.
- Does not allow financial aid payments or refunds from the University.
THE ONECARD WITHOUT A ONEACCOUNT
- Allows students to get grades and transcripts.
students use of PSU library services and computer labs.
- Allows financial aid payments and refunds from the University to be paid by paper check or direct deposit to an existing bank account.
THE ONECARD WITH A ONEACCOUNT
- Get services of #1 and #2 above.
- Opens a OneAccount and activates the OneCard as a debit card.
- Allows financial aid payments and refunds from the University to be paid by direct deposit into the OneAccount.
To activate the OneCard, go to the Portland State University website, www.psuone.pdx.edu, and follow the instructions. The OneAccount is tied to a federally insured bank with all the services of paperless checking. If you choose to open the OneAccount, the bank’s rules governing the debit card apply. It is not a credit card. The new Portland State identification system is in place for your security, and we anticipate a smooth transition for our students.
If you want more information beyond the Portland State website, call or email Paul Beaulieu at 503-725-8279 or email@example.com.