Online Early Childhood Education Series Certificate of Completion
Further your professional development in the field of early childhood education and care. Our online early childhood courses are designed to offer in-depth, research-based training on key areas for early childhood professionals working with children birth to age eight. All of the courses are developed in partnership with the Graduate School of Education (Curriculum and Instruction department and Special Education department).
- Enhance your knowledge and skills working with infants, toddlers, preschoolers and young children
- Discover exciting ways to engage young children in active learning
- Deepen your understanding and acquire skills to work in a special education setting with young children, birth to three, and their families
- Increase your knowledge of research-based practice
- Courses may be used as credit towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree (with your academic advisor's approval)
- Courses may count towards your Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
- Courses may count towards the Oregon Registry
- Upon completion, of six 3-credit online ECE courses in the series, students are eligible to receive an Early Childhood Education Series Certificate of Completion (non-licensure).
Who is this for?
- Child care staff and teachers
- Family child care providers
- Preschool teachers
- Head Start and Early Head Start staff
- Program directors
- Special educators
- Early intervention specialists
- Child Development Associates
- Distance accessible online program
- Take one course or complete six courses for the certificate of completion
- Flexible schedule—take courses in any order
- Start any quarter
- Open to degree and non-degree students
- Graduate and undergraduate levels
No course prerequisites. You may take up to eight credits per term at PSU as a non-degree student.
- If first-time PSU student, visit www.pdx.edu/ceed/register for registration and account creation details
- For online classes you will need a PSU online course account
What is a Certificate of Completion?
Certificates of Completion are awarded to all students who successfully complete a series of linked courses with a defined focus. The certificate distributed upon completion of the identified courses reflects the total number of credits earned (graduate or undergraduate). These certificates of completion have been approved by the appropriate department(s). The individual courses will appear on your PSU transcript. The title of the certificate of completion will not. This series of courses is not eligible for federal financial aid unless taken as part of a degree program.