Library Media K-12 Initial License - Program Completion
Step 1 – Meet with your adviser at least one term prior to program completion
- Review your coursework, tests, and other program requirements
- Verify that all program requirements will be met
- Complete any needed forms
Step 2 – Take tests
The State of Oregon requires two tests, in addition to the basic skills tests, before you can receive your license:
You can take these tests at any point after completing your library courses. When you register for these tests, be sure to ask to have your scores sent to both Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices (TSPC) and Portland State University, as well as to yourself. You need to provide a photocopy of your test score reports to the Licensure Office (see Step 3 below) as part of the application process.
Use the links above to access the information about these tests.
Step 3 – Apply for licensure
The Graduate School of Education's Licensure Office recommends people who have successfully completed our program for their initial teaching license. Follow the instructions for Initial Teacher License "Fast Track" to guide you through the process.
Step 4 – Master's degree
If you are continuing on to complete an MA/MS in Library Media:
- Meet with your adviser one term prior to the term you plan to graduate
- Review your coursework with your advisor and begin the Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) process.
- Complete and submit an Application for Degree form to the Office of Graduate Studies
- Take and pass the Comprehensive Exam
Office of Graduate Studies forms website