Library Media Endorsement - Scholarships
- Helen Farrens Library/Media Scholarships (see below)
- OASL Scholarship Program (see below)
- Other GSE Scholarships
- American Library Association (ALA) Scholarship Program
Helen Farrens Library Media Scholarships
The Helen Farrens Library Media Scholarships are awarded to students in Portland State University's Graduate School of Education Library Media Programs who are:
- Current Portland Public School teachers obtaining a library media endorsement
- Current Portland Public School library media aides completing their teaching license with a library media endorsement or adding the endorsement to their license
- Students who intend to work in Portland Public Schools upon graduation
The scholarship committee gives preference to applicants with financial need, previous teaching experience, and those currently employed by Portland Public Schools. Click here for more information about the Helen Farrens Library Media Scholarship.
For more information about the Graduate School of Education's Library Media Programs, please contact Ruth Murray firstname.lastname@example.org (503-725-9860) or Dr. David Bullock at email@example.com (503-725-3156).
OASL 2012-2013 Scholarship Program
A scholarship of $800 in honor of Joyce Petrie is being offered by OASL to undergraduate students working toward an educational media endorsement or individuals studying at the graduate level in the fields of educational media/instructional technology.
An additional scholarship for $1500 in memory of Norma Zabel will be offered to qualified graduate students. The scholarship grants may be used to assist the recipients to further their education in a summer session or academic year of study at any accredited college or university. All recipients will be selected by the OASL Scholarship Committee.