ESOL/Bilingual Endorsement - Admissions
Applications are now open! By submitting a single application in our new College Net application system you will be considered for admission by your program as well as by Portland State University. This new web based application system will allow you to input your personal information, upload materials, and track your application status from any online location. See application requirements below for more information.
If you plan to earn your 22-credit ESOL endorsement through PSU, you will need to apply using our College Net application.
If you just want to take ESOL courses for your own professional development or for updating your license, you do not have to be formally admitted.
To be considered for admission, candidates must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a strong academic record.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Hold a current teaching license
- Application deadlines are:
February 15 for spring term
May 15 for summer term
August 15 for fall term
November 15 for winter term
Faculty will review your applications only after all materials have been received. After the application review is complete, you will be notified of your official admission status.
- If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program at Portland State, please submit a completed GO-19 Form. You do not need to complete an additional PSU application.
- Those students whose first language is not English and who do not have an undergraduate degree from the United States are required to take TOEFL. An official TOEFL score must be sent directly to Portland State from the Educational Testing Services. Required minimum: 550/600. For more information, contact Educational Testing Services at ets.org.
NOTE: All students admitted to or taking courses in the ESOL/bilingual endorsement program must comply with the Graduate School of Education Student Behavior and Performance Guidelines.