eLearning Design and Development Certificate of Completion
This program is designed for professionals who wish to expand their skills to meet the increasing demand for eLearning in workplace learning and development. Courses can be taken for graduate or undergraduate credit and the certificate can be completed in four terms. The courses are hybrid: online with 2-3 Saturdays per term for the busy and distant professionals.
What skills can participants gain by completing this certificate program?
- Gain knowledge and experience for best practices in elearning, and apply adult learning theory to the practice of elearning.
- Demonstrate theory-to-practice through application of knowledge and skills necessary to the analysis and development of an elearning project.
- Learn to plan, design, develop, deliver and implement elearning in a workplace learning or corporate training environment, and then how to assess the efficacy of the elearning.
- Attain deliverables through program activities and assignments that can be integrated into the workplace.
- Interact with professional instructors with current hands-on experience.
Who can benefit from this program?
- Professionals in workplace learning or corporate training seeking to gain experience in designing and developing elearning.
- Instructors in higher education, administrators, instructional designers, technology coordinators interested in pursuing knowledge and skills in designing and developing elearning through use of digital technology.
- Anyone searching for knowledge, skills, and hands-on experience in creating elearning.
- Educators looking for advanced skills in planning, designing, developing and implementing elearning simulations.
Portland State University is on a quarter system.
Professionals in a K-12 environment who would like to add technology to their teaching practice should take a look at our Instructional Technology Certificate of Completion.