COSA Leadership Academy - Credit Requirements
- Must attend a minimum of 5 training days (30 hrs) of any of the COSA workshops listed below and complete a 30-hour practicum to receive four graduate credits (ELP 506) through Portland State University’s Graduate School of Education. Credit will be graded and awarded spring term 2014.
- You must be a member of COSA to participate! The credits may be applied as electives to the PSU Continuing Administrator License (CAL). For PSU CAL program admission info, visit www.pdx.edu/elp/continuing-administrator-license. If planning to transfer these credits to another school, seek approval of that institution in advance.
- 7/31/2013 - 2013-14 Superintendents Leadership Institute - Year 1
- 9/19/2013 - 2013-14 Superintendents Leadership Institute-Year 2
- 9/20/2013 - 2013-14 OACOA Seminar Series
- 10/3/2013 - 2013 Fall Special Education Professional Learning Conference, Eugene
- 10/20/2013 - 2013 Annual Principals Conference, Bend
- 10/28/2013 - 2013 CCSS Fall Regional Trainings, Pendleton, Elementary
- 10/29/2013 - 2013 CCSS Fall Regional Trainings, Pendleton, Secondary
- 11/4/2013 - 2013 CCSS Fall Regional Trainings, Wilsonville, Elementary
- 11/5/2013 - 2013 CCSS Fall Regional Trainings, Wilsonville, Secondary
- 11/7/2013 - 2013 CCSS Fall Regional Trainings, Redmond, Elementary
- 11/8/2013 - 2013 CCSS Fall Regional Training, Redmond, Secondary
- 12/4/2013 - 2013 33rd Oregon School Law Conference
- 1/30/2014 - 2014 OACOA/OASE Winter Conference
- 3/14/2014 - 2014 State English Learners Alliance Conference, Eugene
For a complete listing of events visit the COSA website.
- For each workshop you attend, write one 4-page paper. The paper must include:
- A synthesis of the content learned in the workshop
- A description of the principles that challenged your thinking or added to your knowledge
- An explanation of how you plan to integrate these ideas into your district work and how they interface with the continuing administrator standards (OAR 584-017-0261)
- Complete a 30-hour practicum applying a conference topic (or topics) to an issue at the district level demonstrating proficiency in one or more TSPC continuing administrator standards (OAR 584-017-0261).Write a 300-word abstract of your practicum field project
- Complete the following forms:
- Course and Field-Based Project Summative Assessment Form, signed by your school district supervisor (or agency supervisor) and course instructor
- Time-on-Task Log
All papers and forms must be submitted by May 18, 2014. Include your name, course number, and the number of credits (4) on all documents submitted for grading. Assignments should be emailed to the instructor, Colin Cameron, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “COSA Leadership Academy” in the subject line. You may also mail (COSA, 707 13th Street SE, Salem, Oregon 97301) or fax (503-581-9840) your assignment. Provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like your paper returned with comments.
Grades, receipts, and transcripts
The grading rubric for individual field projects is available online: www.ceed.pdx.edu/cosa. Grades will be available on the PSU website early June 2013. For instructions on accessing your grade, obtaining a receipt, or getting transcripts, visit www.pdx.edu/ceed/co-op and click on “Information for Students” on the left menu.