COSA Leadership Academy - Credit Requirements
- Must attend a minimum of 5 training days (30 hrs) of any of the COSA workshops and complete a 30-hour practicum to receive four graduate credits (ELP 506) through Portland State University’s Graduate School of Education. Credit will be graded and awarded spring term 2015.
- You must be a member of COSA to participate! The credits may be applied as electives to the PSU Continuing Administrator License (CAL). For PSU CAL program admission info, visit pdx.edu/elp/continuing-administrator-license. If planning to transfer these credits to another school, seek approval of that institution in advance.
Current COSA events
- For each workshop you attend, write one 4-page paper. The paper must include:
- A synthesis of the content learned in the workshop
- A description of the principles that challenged your thinking or added to your knowledge
- An explanation of how you plan to integrate these ideas into your district work and how they interface with the continuing administrator standards (OAR 584-017-0261)
- Complete a 30-hour practicum applying a conference topic (or topics) to an issue at the district level demonstrating proficiency in one or more TSPC continuing administrator standards (OAR 584-017-0261).Write a 300-word abstract of your practicum field project
- Complete the following forms:
- Course and Field-Based Project Summative Assessment Form, signed by your school district supervisor (or agency supervisor) and course instructor
- Time-on-Task Log
Include your name, course number, and the number of credits (4) on all documents submitted for grading. Assignments should be emailed to the instructor, Colin Cameron, at email@example.com with “COSA Leadership Academy” in the subject line. You may also mail (COSA, 707 13th Street SE, Salem, Oregon 97301) or fax (503-581-9840) your assignment. Provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like your paper returned with comments.
Grades, receipts, and transcripts
Grades will be available on the PSU website. For instructions on accessing your grade, obtaining a receipt, or getting transcripts, visit pdx.edu/ceed/cooperative-credit-program-information-for-students.