Compassion at Work - The Heart of Leaders
Compassion: Experience it. Understand it. Explain it. Apply it. This learning experience provides you with an opportunity to examine and reinvigorate your leadership approach. Explore a personalized meaning of compassion and how you can put compassion to work in your daily activities to inspire yourself and others. Use compassion as a framework to discover practical strategies for initiating proactive approaches to address conflict and challenges, as well as promote successful outcomes for children and families. You can “Lead from Where You Are” by connecting with staff and families, and reflecting the fundamental value of compassion that guides your service.
Compassion at Work - Overview
- Experiencing compassion - being appreciated; appreciating ourselves
- Benefits of compassion at work
- Creating a personal description of compassion at work - qualities and attributes
- Personal asset mapping - what fuels and sustains your compassion?
- Understanding our perspectives (so we can convey them to others)
- Compassionate paradigms we know and love
- Barriers to putting compassion to work
- Compassion at work - tangible things that you and others will see
- Next steps - connecting with self, leadership team, staff, and families
Dates and location:
February 15-16, 2012
Portland State University