Children's and Young Adult Literature Graduate Certificate - Program Completion
Complete 16 credits that include the following:
Required courses (9 credits)
- LIB 529, LIB 532, and either LIB 533 or LIB 592
Final project or practicum (3 credits)
- LIB 502, 506 or 509 – by arrangement with your advisor
Elective courses (4 credits)
- This can include any combination of the 1-credit LIB 508 courses and LIB 533 or LIB 592 if you did not use it as one of the required courses
- Notify your advisor the term before you of all of your courses, except the practicum. You will plan your practicum and initiate the program completion paperwork. This document must be submitted no later than the first week of the term you complete your practicum and graduate. Please note: all courses must be no more than seven years old at the time your Graduate Certificate is awarded and you must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Complete the self-assessment that is required upon completion of the program and forward a copy to your advisor
- File an Application for Award of the Graduate Certificate in the Office of Graduate Studies no later than the first week of the anticipated term you plan to graduate. Note: You must take a class during the term of graduation.