Services & Sample Projects
Our approach to effective evaluation is collaborative and begins with a careful review of the program goals and desired outcomes. Our evaluators work with program/organization staff to develop the best evaluation approach, design and methodology. The result is a highly customized evaluation addressing the goals and unique characteristics of each program. We are experienced with a variety of evaluation tools including surveys, interviews, focus groups, rubrics, logic models and longitudinal analysis of program data. A comprehensive final report is provided and includes a summary of key findings, identification of program strengths, and recommendations for improvement. Presentations to boards and other key stakeholders are available.
Sample projects (partial list):
- Evaluation of the Oregon Framework for Teacher and Administrator Evaluation Pilot Project 2012-2013 – Oregon Department of Education
- Chalkboard CLASS Project Evaluation - Foundations for a Better Oregon
- Restorative Justice in Schools Evaluation – Resolutions Northwest
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers federal grant evaluation – Hood River County School District
- Study of Professional Learning – David Douglas School District
We can assist your organization or school district with student, school, and district level data studies and analysis to enhance your capacity to monitor student/program success, document progress, and report meaningful outcomes. Our researchers help to identify key data points and can provide in-depth studies of longitudinal data trends as well as literature reviews and summaries of best practices to support program planning and development.
- Data collection and analysis – All Hands Raised Partnership
- Data study – The Right Brain Initiative – Regional Arts and Culture Council
- Cohort Data Analysis project – Self Enhancement, Inc.
- Data study – K-12 Student Success Evaluation Outcomes Study – Oregon Community Foundation
The Center for Student Success has a successful track record of providing quality charter school evaluations for Oregon school districts. We have experience evaluating a variety of K-12 school programs in both urban and rural districts including virtual schools. Our services are provided by a talented team of evaluators who are experienced K-12 educators with in-depth knowledge of school operations and Oregon charter school laws. Services are affordable and tailored to meet the specific needs of each district while assisting districts in complying with the requirements of ORS 338.095.
Each evaluation includes a site visit to the school to conduct interviews of key staff, observe classrooms, and gather school documents and records for review. We utilize a comprehensive rubric to assess required components of school operations and programs and the rubric can be customized to meet specific district needs. Final reports are delivered in an easy to navigate electronic PDF format for sharing with district board members and other stakeholders. Professionally printed bound reports are also available.
- Gresham-Barlow School District (3 schools)
- Scio School District (2 schools)
- Reynolds School District
- Estacada School District
- Beaverton School District
- Forest Grove School District
We design and deliver workshops and trainings for teachers and administrators. Our staff and consultants have many years of experience as educators and leaders of school improvement initiatives and staff development. Contact us for more information.
- Developing Fair and Reliable Teacher Evaluation Measures (workshops) - Astoria, Clatskanine, Jewell, Knappa, Seaside, and Warrenton-Hammond school districts
- Professional Learning Teams training – Centennnial, Coos Bay, David Douglas, Gresham-Barlow, Hillsboro, North Bend, Parkrose and Portland Public school districts
- Survey design, administration, and analysis
- Focus groups
- Literature reviews and synthesis of best practices
- Logic models and program evaluation design
- Board presentations