Services & Sample Projects
Our approach to effective evaluation is collaborative and begins with a careful review of the program goals and desired outcomes. Our evaluators work with program/organization staff to develop the best evaluation approach, design and methodology. The result is a highly customized evaluation addressing the goals and unique characteristics of each program. We are experienced with a variety of evaluation tools including surveys, interviews, focus groups, rubrics, logic models and longitudinal analysis of program data. A comprehensive final report is provided and includes a summary of key findings, identification of program strengths, and recommendations for improvement. Presentations to boards and other key stakeholders are available.
Sample projects (partial list):
- Evaluation of the Oregon Framework for Teacher and Administrator Evaluation and Support Systems Pilot Project 2012-2013 School Year – Oregon Department of Education
- Chalkboard CLASS Project evaluation - Foundations for a Better Oregon
- Restorative Justice in Schools program evaluation – Resolutions Northwest
- Evaluation design and logic models for 3 summer youth programs – City of Portland
- Ninth Grade Counts program evaluation – Portland Schools Foundation
- Functional Living Skills program evaluation – Multnomah Education Services District
- Evaluation design and research literature review for community education grants program – Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission
- Early Childhood Math Curriculum and Training of Trainers grant evaluation – Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers federal grant evaluation – Hood River County School District
- Smaller Learning Communities federal grant evaluation – Beaverton and Newberg school districts
- Teaching American History federal grant evaluation – Education Service District 112, Vancouver
We can assist your organization or school district with student, school, and district level data studies and analysis to enhance your capacity to monitor student/program success, document progress, and report meaningful outcomes. Our researchers help to identify key data points and can provide in-depth studies of longitudinal data trends as well as literature reviews and summaries of best practices to support program planning and development.
- Data collection and analysis for Multnomah County Cradle to Career Partnership - All Hands Raised
- Data study for The Right Brain Initiative – Regional Arts and Culture Council
- Data study for Jefferson High School Whole School Model – Self Enhancement, Inc.
- Student Retention & Completion Study – Gresham-Barlow Web Academy
The Center for Student Success has a successful track record of providing quality charter school evaluations for Oregon school districts. We have experience evaluating a variety of K-12 school programs in both urban and rural districts including virtual schools. Our services are provided by a talented team of evaluators who are experienced K-12 educators with in-depth knowledge of school operations and Oregon charter school laws. Services are affordable and tailored to meet the specific needs of each district while assisting districts in complying with the requirements of ORS 338.095.
Each evaluation includes a site visit to the school to conduct interviews of key staff, observe classrooms, and gather school documents and records for review. We utilize a comprehensive rubric to assess required components of school operations and programs and the rubric can be customized to meet specific district needs. Final reports are delivered in an easy to navigate electronic PDF format for sharing with district board members and other stakeholders. Professionally printed bound reports are also available.
- Gresham-Barlow School District (3 schools)
- Scio School District (2 schools)
- Forest Grove School District
- David Douglas School District
- Oregon City School District
We design and deliver workshops and trainings for teachers and administrators. Our staff and consultants have many years of experience as educators and leaders of school improvement initiatives and staff development. Contact us for more information.
- Developing Fair and Reliable Teacher Evaluation Measures (workshops) - Astoria, Clatskanine, Jewell, Knappa, Seaside, and Warrenton-Hammond school districts
- Professional Learning Teams training – Centennnial, Coos Bay, David Douglas, Gresham-Barlow, Hillsboro, North Bend, Parkrose and Portland Public school districts
- Curriculum alignment and implementation of Common Core Standards
- Survey design, administration, and analysis
- Focus groups
- Literature reviews and synthesis of best practices
- Logic models and program evaluation design
- Board presentations