CEED Student Handbook - Registration and Records
First-Time Non-admitted Students
- Create your student account. To register for a credit class online, you must be in the Portland State Student Information system. To establish your student account, visit banweb.pdx.edu. You will be charged a $25 fee, plus $2 for credit card processing, payable online by Visa, American Express, or MasterCard.
- Create an account with the PSU Odin Account Manager (OAM) system; visit oam.pdx.edu. Once you have finished the OAM process, all of your PSU accounts will be synchronized so you can register for future courses, obtain grades, make payments, and use your PSU email with a single login.
- Register for your course. Check registration website.
- Log in to your student account. This page also has links for retrieving a forgotten login ID or password.
- Register for your course. Check the website to view your registration process options.
PSU accepts credit registration payment in the form of e-check, check, money order, or credit card with the following associated fees:
- E-check: $0 fee (recommended option). Online setup is available during payment process.
- Check/money order: $0 fee when mailed with registration.
- Visa: $50 fee.
- MasterCard/American Express: fee is 2.75% of total registration amount.
Need help with credit registration?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-725-4825.
Credit Registration, Add/Drop
With each successful login, you will see your name on the main menu page. This confirms your record.
- From the main menu page, select Student Services and Financial Aid.
- Click on the Registration and Class Schedule link.
- Verify and/or edit your current student information and continue to registration menu.
- Select and submit the term of registration.
- Select Add/Drop Classes.
- On the add/drop page, enter the CRN (course #) of the desired course in the Add Class section.
- Select Submit Changes.
Important: You are not registered yet!
- Repeat steps to register for additional classes.
- When you are finished, click the Complete Your Registration link at the bottom of the page.
- The registration fee assessment page will appear.
- To confirm your schedule, click the Return to Menu button at the top of the page.
- Select Student Schedule by Day and Time or Student Detail Schedule to display your registration information.
- Click the Exit button at the top of the page.
- If using a shared computer, clear your browser’s cache to guarantee privacy of data. If you need help clearing your browser's cache, contact the OIT helpdesk.
Withdrawal/Drop and Cancellation Policy for Credit Courses
Notification of withdrawal or drop may be made by phone, in writing, in person, or online at banweb.pdx.edu. Requests for credit course refunds are required to be in writing. Refund amount is determined by the postmarked date on the written drop notification or at the time of the in-person drop, based on the schedule below. The schedule applies to courses following the term schedule; for shorter courses or those held later in the quarter, the refund schedule is prorated.
In writing: Provide your name and ID number and identify the course number and title. Send to Continuing Education, Portland State University, PO Box 1629, Portland, OR 97207-1629.
In person: At the Graduate School of Education, 615 SW Harrison Street, room 204, Portland State University. Written requests are required for refunds for credit courses.
Withdrawal Date Refund
Class cancellation 100%
Prior to second class meeting 100%
Prior to third class meeting 70%
Prior to fourth class meeting 40%
Prior to fifth class meeting 20%
Refunds may be applied to any outstanding indebtedness to Portland State University.
Non-admitted students may take up to 8 credits per term in fall, winter, and spring, and up to 21 in summer. Admitted graduate students are limited to a maximum of 16 credits during each of all four terms unless otherwise approved. All university policies apply.
Noncredit Courses (CEUs)
- Search for available Continuing Education courses at ceedcatalog.pdx.edu or in the printed catalog.
- Click “add to cart” on the desired section in the online system and complete the student profile and registration process. (If you prefer, a paper registration form is available on our registration web page)
Note: If you are a returning PSU student with an ODIN account you will still need to create a profile in the noncredit system.
PSU accepts noncredit registration payment in the form of check, money order, or credit card (online) with no fees.
Need help with noncredit registration?
Email email@example.com or call 503-725-9968.
Withdrawal/Drop and Refunds for Noncredit Classes
Notification of withdrawal or drop should be made directly in the noncredit registration system prior to the first class session. Refunds of 100% are given to students who cancel their registration prior to the first class meeting. If registration took place through a third party or group, you will need to contact your third party/group coordinator. Refunds for third party/group registrations must be requested by the third party/group contact person.
By phone: To Continuing Education, 503-725-9968, with notification in writing to follow.
In writing: Provide your name and identify the course number and title. Send to Continuing Education, Portland State University, mail to PO Box 1629, Portland, OR 97207-1629.
In person: At the Graduate School of Education, 615 SW Harrison Street, room 204, Portland.
By email: Please provide your full name and identify the course number and title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes in Continuing Education are offered on a self-support basis. Therefore, a decision to hold the class is based on enrollment. If insufficient enrollment or any other significant reason necessitates canceling a course, an effort will be made to contact those students who have preregistered, and credit tuition or noncredit fee will be refunded.
Efficient and effective credit management of registration materials within automated systems requires that registration be received at Portland State University by deadline dates. Registrations received after this deadline are included as next term registrations. Refer to individual course descriptions for term dates.
Exceptions for any of the above policies must be approved by the Director of Continuing Education/Associate Dean of Outreach.
Student and Financial Information Online
Access the PSU Information System
- Select PSU Information System
- Enter your user ID and PIN (birth date: month-day-year, e.g., 030550) and click login. If you have trouble logging in to the PSU Information System, call 503-725-3511, option 5.
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select the appropriate link:
- Registration—add/drop courses, check registration status, view schedule
- Student Records—view holds, display grades, print an unofficial transcript, review charges and payments
- Financial aid menu—view outstanding and completed requirements
- Remember to log off when finished by using the “exit” button
Requests for official transcripts must be made in writing and delivered in person or by US mail, private carrier, or fax. Or call 503-725-3401, toll-free 1-800-547-8887 ext. 3401. Email requests are not accepted.
Visit the PSU website for more information on getting official and unofficial transcripts.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
The continuing education unit (CEU) is a nationally recognized method of quantifying the time spent in the classroom during noncredit learning. Ten hours of instruction equal one (1) CEU. The primary purpose of the CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed significant noncredit educational and career enhancement experiences. CEU requests and registrations should be made at workshop and seminar sites. Continuing Education maintains transcripts of CEUs. There is a $5 fee for each official transcript requested.
Requests for Continuing Education course transcripts should be made to:
PO Box 1629
Portland, OR 97207-1629
Change of Address
Address changes can be made by telephone during business hours: call 503-725-3511 or online 24 hours, seven days a week in the Student Information System. Be prepared to leave your ID number, name, and full new address with zip code. Students are responsible for notifying the registration office when their address changes. Addresses may also be changed in person at the registration windows in the Neuberger Hall lobby; or by checking the “address or name change” box on your completed registration form.
CEED offers two types of credit courses:
- Open enrollment—PSU sponsored classes for which you register in Banweb.
- Cooperative courses—These courses have two sponsors, the cooperative agency and Portland State University. To register for a cooperative class, first contact the agency by website, email or phone number listed under each course. Then you set up your PSU student account through the PSU Information System (see above). Your registration will be completed by PSU and a bill for the credit portion will be attached to your account. If you are new to PSU, follow the instructions for first-time students on page 12 of this document. The cooperating agency will assist you with all registration procedures and review any class upgrades or changes.