Added Elementary - Admissions
Applications are now open! We’ve simplified our process - by submitting a single application in our new College Net application system you will be considered for admission by your program as well as at Portland State University. This new web based application system will allow you to input your personal information, upload materials, and track your application status from any online location. See application requirements below for more information.
To be considered for participation, candidates must:
- Complete BA or BS degree from an accredited institution
- GPA: 3.0 cumulative undergraduate, 3.0 on all upper-division courses, or 3.0 cumulative graduate courses (a minimum of 12 credits)
- Hold a current Oregon teaching license*
*If you hold a transitional license or are adding an authorization level, contact Donna Shrier at email@example.com
to discuss whether this program is appropriate for your needs
Prior to recommendation for the additional levels of licensure, a passing score from the NES Elementary Education Subtest 1&2 is required
Pre-Application To Do Checklist:
- Order transcripts from every institution attended and have them sent to your house for use when you are ready.
- Begin your personal statement
- Prepare your resume (reflect your volunteer or work experience within the related field)
- Identify at least two people who can provide positive letters of recommendation for you. (Official instructions about the letter of recommendation will be provided as part of the new application process).
- Explore our scholarships
- Apply for Financial Aid via the FAFSA
University requirement that students at least register and pay for credit for the term that they were admitted.
The next application deadline is May 1, 2016.