Added Elementary - Admissions
To be considered for participation, candidates must:
- Complete BA or BS degree from an accredited institution
- GPA: 3.0 cumulative undergraduate, 3.0 on all upper-division courses, or 3.0 cumulative graduate courses (a minimum of 12 credits)
- Hold a current Oregon teaching license*
*If you hold a transitional license or are adding an authorization level, contact Donna Shrier at email@example.com
to discuss whether this program is appropriate for your needs
Prior to recommendation for the additional levels of licensure, a passing score from the NES Elementary Education Subtest 1&2 is required
The Graduate School of Education will be using a new application system for those applying in 2016. This new web based system will allow applicants to input information, upload materials and track their application status from any online location. The new system will also consolidate the admission process into a single application for both the program and university. The new application system will go live September, 2015. You can start gathering materials for your application now.
Pre-Application To Do Checklist:
- Order transcripts from every institution attended and have them sent to your house for use when you are ready.
- Begin your personal statement
- Prepare your resume (reflect your volunteer or work experience within the related field)
- Identify at least two people who can provide positive letters of recommendation for you. (Official instructions about the letter of recommendation will be provided as part of the new application process).
- Explore our scholarships
- Apply for Financial Aid via the FAFSA
University requirement that students at least register and pay for credit for the term that they were admitted.
The next application deadline is May 1, 2016.