Added Elementary - Admissions
Candidates must hold a current Oregon teaching license
To be considered for participation, candidates must:
- Complete BA or BS degree from an accredited institution
- GPA: 3.0 cumulative undergraduate, 3.0 on all upper-division courses, or 3.0 cumulative graduate courses (a minimum of 12 credits)
- Hold a current Oregon teaching license*
*If you hold a transitional license or are adding an authorization level, contact Donna Shrier at email@example.com
to discuss whether this program is appropriate for your needs
Prior to recommendation for the additional levels of licensure, a passing score from the NES Elementary Education Subtest 1&2 is required
Apply for graduate admissions to Portland State University using either the online or paper application found on the Graduate Admissions website.
Use this link to access our online program application, create a free account, then complete your application following the steps below. Be sure to write down the user name and password that you receive so that you can return to site and track the progress of your application as it is reviewed Once you have an account and have logged in:
- Click the Create a New Application button
- Select "GTEP Added Authorization or Subject Endorsement Programs"
- Fully complete the online application. If necessary, you can save and return to your application before it is completed, however you must click the Submit Application Now button when it is complete AND before the application deadline if you want to be considered
After submitting your application you will be able to track the review process through the application web site
- If you need assistance accessing the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions about the application process, please email Lynda Pullen
The next application deadline is February 2, 2014.