Scholars for Success in STEM Bridge Program
STEM is an acronym that stands for "Science Technology Engineering & Math." The Scholars for Success in STEM Bridge (S3 Bridge) Program is an excellent way for freshmen and transfer students from diverse backgrounds to prepare for the challenges of entering a STEM major. The program also plays an important role in fulfilling PSU's commitment to cultivating a vibrant and inclusive campus community.
S3 Bridge scholars establish a supportive network of friends, peers, faculty, and staff through weekly meetings and occasional retreats. They develop academic skills that support STEM coursework, including how to:
- Achieve in rigorous science, engineering, and math courses
- Participate in study groups, review sessions, and seminars
- Develop leadership abilities
- Navigate the PSU Campus and become familiar with university culture
- Identify resources that will help them succeed
The following program dates are a required to participate in S3.
- Residential program starting 9am, September 20 – 3pm, September 22
- Attend weekly seminars at 4pm-5:30pm on the following dates: September 29; October 6, 13, 20, 27; November 3, 10, 17, 24; December 1
Applying to the Program
Priority Deadline: August 1, 2015
Regulare Deadline: August 15, 2015
If you are interested in participating the S3 Bridge Program, please apply online. Applications will be received until all spots are filled. You must have a transcript handy when applying and be prepared to answer the following short answer essay questions (500 words each):
- Why do you want to participate in this summer program? Please be specific about what you want to achieve and how the program can help you achieve your goals.
- Please evaluate your academic strengths and weakness. Include a discussion of your academic, personal, and social growth over the past four years.
- What people and /or activities have helped shape you to become the person you are today? Why?