Graduate and professional schools offer an opportunity to undertake advanced study in areas of interest with more specificity and direction. Some professions require an advanced degree such as law, medicine, and postsecondary teaching while other may prefer trainings and relevant work experience in the field. If you are uncertain about your career goal, applying to a graduate program may not be a right choice. Making an informed decision about pursuing a graduate or professional degree requires an in-depth self-analysis, research of schools, and creating a plan of action.
Advising and Career Services offers workshops and resources to help you demystify the process of applying to graduate school. We accomplish this by organizing a series of speakers, panel & information sessions and one-on-one consultation on the following topics:
· Should I go to Grad School?
· Faculty perspective on admissions to graduate programs
· How can undergraduates gain research experience, refine their interests and become competitive applicants?
· How to choose a program and thrive in grad school?
· How to ace admissions tests, such as GRE, GMAT etc.?
· Mock interview, personal statements and resume/cv
Click here to see a schedule of current workshop offerings. Coming in September: Should I go to Graduate School?
Get to know our team, read our profiles!