Graduate and professional schools offer an opportunity to undertake advanced study in areas of interest with more specificity and direction. Some professions require an advanced degree such as law, medicine, and postsecondary teaching while other may prefer trainings and relevant work experience in the field. If you are uncertain about your career goal, applying to a graduate program may not be a right choice. Making an informed decision about pursuing a graduate or professional degree requires an in-depth self-analysis, research of schools, and creating a plan of action.
Advising and Career Services offers workshops and resources to help you demystify the process of applying to graduate school. We accomplish this by organizing a series of speakers, panel & information sessions and one-on-one consultation on the following topics:
· Should I go to grad school?
· Faculty perspective on admissions to graduate programs
· How can undergraduates gain research experience, refine their interests and become competitive applicants?
· How to choose a program and thrive in grad school?
· How to ace admissions tests, such as GRE, GMAT, etc.?
· Mock interview, personal statements and resume/cv assistance and critiques
Click here for current workshop schedule; new this fall: Should I go to Graduate School?
Browse this list of graduate school focused events we have going on this fall term!
Get to know our team, read our profiles!Videos
- "Why go to Grad School?"
- "The Application Process is a Relationship"
- "Choosing the Right Program"
- "Graduate School Deadlines and Planning" GradSchoolHeaven.com founder and Harvard alumnus Giulio Rocca discusses how to plan around graduate school deadlines.
- Donald Asher presents "Getting into Graduate School." He walks you through step-by-step directions on how to successfully get into graduate school. Running time: 51 min. (Note: requires Microsoft Silverlight player plug-in, which is downloadable by accessing the webinar link.)