For Faculty and Staff
Career service professionals across campus want to partner with faculty and staff to prepare our students for meaningful and productive careers beyond Portland State. By working together, we can ensure that students’ transitions from college to the work force are as seamless as possible.
Let us help you help students.
The following PSU offices serve the career development needs of students and alumni:
- Advising & Career Services (ACS) provides services to all PSU students and alumni
- Maseeh College of Engineering & Computer Science Student Career Success
- School of Business Administration (SBA) Career Services: undergraduate students and graduate students
What Advising & Career Services offers students:
- Exploration of majors and careers, based on interests, skills, goals and values
- Location of internships and jobs
- Development of job search skills (i.e. resumes, cover letters, interviewing)
- Connections with employers (i.e. career fairs, on-campus recruitment events)
- Assistance with graduate school decisions
What Advising & Career Services offers faculty and staff:
- Presentations on career-related topics to classes and student groups
- Internship resources for supporting students and/or for sponsoring students earning academic credit
- Consultations on integrating career development and job readiness information into the currciulum, on employment outlook, on employable skills
- Assistance in connecting students to PSU career services
How you can help support students:
- Encourage students to use career services on campus and refer them to this website, which offers sections for both students and alumni
- Refer employers to Advising & Career Services to post internships and jobs in CareerConnect, the PSU jobs and internships database, and to get information about career/internship fairs and other recruitment activities
Please call Mary Ann Barham, Advising & Career Services director, at 503.725.5471 if you have any questions about services listed above or about ways that ACS can assistance you and your students.