FY08 Budget Fiscal Year
We have placed a number of documents and communications here for your reference. Budget planning is a collective effort and benefits from ideas and data contributed as a result of campus discussions. The administration began this process with the Vice Presidents, members of the Council of Academic Deans (CADS), the Faculty Senate Budget Committee and the Directors of Finance and Administration. During the process, data was gathered by the offices of Budget & Planning and Institutional Research & Planning to provide the information referred to in the memos below from Provost Roy Koch and Vice President Lindsay Desrochers.
Additional data was gathered about faculty contributions via a web survey that was emailed to all full-time academically-ranked faculty. As was the case last year, the resulting faculty data will not be reported by faculty member but aggregated at the departmental and college/school level. In conjunction with information requested from members of the Council of Academic Deans, the aggregated faculty information will create profiles of contributions at the departmental and college/school levels.
The campus process will culminate with the University budget proposal being posted on this site by the University Budget Team and open campus forums being held to present and discuss the proposal with the UBT. The UBT forwards its final recommendations to President Dan Bernstine in mid-April.
As other planning activities are confirmed, we will add them to this site.
If you have questions about the academic budget planning process, you may contact Carol Mack at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Office of Academic Affairs. For questions concerning budget planning activities in other areas, please contact Michael Fung at email@example.com in the Office of Budget and Planning.
- Initial budget process letter to CADS [December 8, 2006]
- Budget instruction memo to deans and directors [January 8, 2007]
- Budget Planning Schedule (campus communication)
- Budget Allocation Process:
- Budget Recommendation Report to Faculty Senate
- Ways & Means budget memo [March 23, 2007]
- Faculty Senate Budget Committee comments
- President memo: Approved Budget Proposals
- OPE Budgeting 2007-08 Final as of (6-14-07)
- Grad Asst Salary Schedule 2007-08 as of (6-20-07)