Community Connections: A Town Hall Discussion on the future of Holocaust Education in Oregon
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Smith Memorial Student Union, 296/8
Portland State University (1825 SW Broadway)
The Oregon Holocaust Resource Center (OHRC) will be hosting a one-day conference examining and discussing the future of Holocaust teaching and research.
Organizations collaborating with OHRC in the town hall-style discussion include:
- The Harold Schnitzer Family Program in Judaic Studies at Portland State University
- Portland Center for Public Humanities
- Jewish Family and Child Services
- The Oregon Jewish Community Foundation
- The Institute for Judaic Studies
- The Oregon Area Jewish Committee
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Portland
Participants in the conference recognize that this is a critical time in the history of Holocaust Education. As survivors pass, those teaching the lessons of the Holocaust must prepare for a time when the voices of survivors will no longer be available to tell their stories. This discussion will provide an opportunity to discuss how to move Holocaust teaching and research forward and to help ensure that it remains relevant today and into the future.
An open event, this discussion looks to invite input from across the community; please visit the OHRC website to register your name for free attendance for this event.