- Who is the Biology adviser?
- Leah Tuor is the Biology Department advisor for currently enrolled students. She came to PSU in 2005 as the Science Support Coordinator. This position enabled Leah to work closely with Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and ESR students and faculty. So, if you you have a question about any of these sciences in relation to your Biology degree, there's a good chance Leah can answer it. In 2007 Leah was promoted to Program Coordinator/Academic Advisor-Biology, and has been assisting students to plan out their academic careers and stay on course ever since.
- For pre-professional advising (health sciences), please see this page.
- When do I need to meet with the Biology advisor?
- If you are a currently enrolled student, you are welcome to meet with Leah whenever you have questions about the Biology major tracks, course selection and scheduling, or any other time you feel like you need advice related to completing the major or minor. Additionally, all incoming students (whether Freshman or Transfer) are required to meet with their major advisor within their first year of study. Students who do not meet with their adviser will have a hold placed on their account which will prevent them from registering for courses in the first term of their second year at PSU. There are a few key points along the path to completing your bachelor's degree when it is very important that you consult with Leah. These include:
- • When you first decide to major in Biology: Leah will help you develop a plan to complete your degree requirements efficiently.
- • If you decide to switch major tracks: Make sure you consult with Leah to make sure you have a plan to meet any new requirements.
- • Before you apply for graduation: Leah will verify that you have everything you need to be cleared for graduation.
- It is generally a good idea to meet with Leah at least once a year to ensure that requirements are being met and/or planned for. Leah is more than happy to meet with you on a much more frequent basis if you would like.
- How do I make an appointment or attend walk-in hours?
WALK IN ADVISING
- Please note that there are no walk-in hours during Finals Week each term, or during university breaks. Advising during these times is by appointment only.
- **There will be NO walk-in advising available on Thursday, August 27th**
- Regular Walk-in Advising Hours (Beginning Wednesday, June 17th)
- Tuesday: 10am-11am
- Wednesday: 2pm-3pm
- Thursday: 11am-12pm
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
- Walk-in advising is for currently enrolled students with quick questions or approval of correctly filled out petitions. If you have a more extensive advising need, please contact Leah at (503) 725-8758 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- Please note that walk-in hours are subject to change due to emergent or unforeseeable events. In such instances students can seek advice at the CLAS Pre-Professional Advising Office located Smith Mezzanine, Room M-305.
- If you are a prospective student (not currently admitted to PSU as a Biology major), please contact the Office of Admissions Counselors.
- What should I bring to my advising appointment?
- 1. DARS report, which provides you with a computer-generated report telling you where you are on your path to graduation and what courses you still need to take. Log in to Banweb to run your DARS report.
- 2. Syllabi for any potential transfer courses