Secure Bike Parking
Indoor Bicycle Garage Permits Now Available Online!
We are now offering indoor bicycle parking permits for purchase online. Please visit Portland State University's Transportation and Parking Services website to purchase.
Bike Garage permits will go on sale during the finals week of the term previous:
- Winter 2014 - December 9, 2013
- Spring 2014 - March 17, 2014
- Summer 2014 - June 9, 2014
There are several secure bike parking facilities on campus. These access-controlled areas require a bike parking permit and a PSU access card (available from ID Card Services). Bike parking permits are limited, and sold online or at the PSU Bike Hub for a small fee ($15 per academic term or $45 per year). Each of these facilities has the following features:
- 24/7 secure access via ID card
- Security cameras record entry, exit, and activity within the facility
- Self-service repair stand with tools and air pump
- Bike lock storage rack
Blumel Bicycle Garage (71 spaces)
SW 12th Ave and Montgomery St, behind Blumel Hall
- Includes two-tiered bike parking racks and an eco-roof
- Convenient for commuters to SRTC, SB1, and Hoffman Hall
University Center Building (UCB) Bicycle Garage (86 spaces)
SW 5th Ave and Harrison St, just inside the University Center Building Garage
- Includes two-tiered bike parking racks and a vending machine with bike related items like tubes, patch kits, etc
- Located across the street from the Bike Hub and the Rec Center
Fourth Avenue Building (FAB) Bike Room (39 spaces)
SW 3rd Ave and Harrison St, just inside NE entrance to the Fourth Ave Building.
- Features vertical bike racks, changing stall, and self-service lockers for storing your rain gear, shoes, etc
- Located inside the Fourth Ave Building, which connects to City Development Center and Engineering Building
Science Research & Teaching Center (SRTC) Bike Room (14 spaces)
SW Mill St and 10th Ave, just inside the north entrance to the building
- This small space has only vertical racks and does not include a repair stand
- Ideal for faculty, staff, and graduate students who are spending most of their time in SRTC or SB1
Science & Education Center (SEC) Bike Garage (46 spaces)
SW Lincoln St and 5th Ave, in the underground parking garage, entrance on Lincoln
- 4 car parking spaces in this garage have been converted to bike parking with standard floor-mounted racks
- Great for those visitng the Art Bldg, UTS, and SEC
Market Center Building (MCB) Bike Garage (32 spaces)
SW Market St and 4th Ave, in the underground parking garage, entrance on Market St.
- Access to the MCB Bike Garage includes access to the locker room and showers located on B2.
- Includes vertical and horizontal racks in a secure cage inside the parking garage
- Conveniently located on the B2 level MCB, near the garage entry and access to the building elevators