Student Employment Opportunities
Welcome to the Auxiliary Services Student Employment Page!
Looking for a job?
Most student positions in Auxiliary Services are filled during late August and early September. Additional hiring is done on an "as needed" basis throughout the year. Students are welcome to turn in employment applications at anytime to be kept on file in case a student position becomes available during the year. Application forms should be updated each term to reflect the student's changing class schedule and hours of availability.
Auxiliary Services Administration
Transportation and Parking Services
Employment Application Form:
Employment application forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (our preferred method) or printed, filled out, and sent by campus or US Mail to the address noted at the bottom of the form.
Application forms are also available, Monday through Friday, at the following locations:
PSU Information Desk
Smith Memorial Student Union
1825 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97201
Resumes may be attached to application forms.
Applications are only kept on file for one term.
● Enrollment as a student at Portland State University (minimum of 6 credit hours)
● Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
● Demonstrated customer service experience
● Demonstrated time management experience
● Demonstrated responsibility
● Minimum of 10 hours of availability per week.
● Read and agree with Auxiliary Services Employee and Team Performance Expectations
● Available to participate in centralized student employee professional development session offered the third week of each term from 4-5:30 pm on Wednesday afternoon.
● Work Study
● Residents of University Housing
● Hours vary depending on the need of each Auxiliary unit
● Work shifts are available seven days a week, 24/7
● Please note all hours you are available to work on the student employment application form.
● Residence Aliens/Visa F-1 holders are limited to 20 hours a week during the academic year, with exceptions for summer employment and official school breaks
● Most Auxiliary student position begin pay at $8.50. Positions with special requirements begin at a higher rate.
● Wage increases are awarded annually for continuing good performance.
● Students interested in working in Auxiliary Services are encouraged to contact the Office of Financial Aid at (503) 725-3461 to determine eligibility for state and federal work-study grants.
● Work-study grants are one form of financial assistance for students working part-time on campus.
● To determine how many hours you will be able to work per week during the academic year utilize the following basic formula:
Formula: (earnings limit/weeks per year) / hourly wage = hours per week
Example: ($3,000 work-study award/30 weeks) / $8.50 an hour = 9 hours a week
New Hire Paperwork
See following link for forms listed below:
● I-9 (Required)
● W-4 (Required)
● Payroll Direct Deposit (Optional)
International Student Employees
Please contact the Office of International Affairs for information regarding required new hire paperwork for international students:
Office of International Affairs
101 East Hall
632 Southwest Hall Street
Portland, OR 97201
(corner of SW Broadway and SW Hall)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Telephone: (503) 725-4094
Fax: (503) 725-5320
Criminal Background Check
● Some positions require a criminal background check completed prior to commencing employment.
● See PSU policy for further information about background checks: http://www.pdx.edu/hr/dl-cbc-requirements