Call for Submissions
I Found This, This That Had Already Been Found
PSU Art Alumni Exhibition 2010
Exhibition Dates: November 2-24, 2010
Autzen Gallery, Neuberger Hall, PSU Campus
Opening Date and Time: Saturday, November 6, 2010, 6-9 PM
DEADLINE: July 29, 2010
Juror: Chris Johanson, artist.
Open to work in all visual art media. The focus of the exhibit is “reclaimed, recycled, and sustainable”. What does that mean to you? Concepts? Materials? Intention? Lifestyle? PSU and Chris Johanson are excited to see what this open ended and somewhat directed exhibit idea puts into your mind.
- Eligible artists: BA, BS, BFA and MFA Alumni of PSU Art Department all years.
- Open to work in all visual art media. The focus of the exhibit is “reclaimed, recycled, and sustainable”. What does that mean to you? Concepts? Materials? Intention? Lifestyle? PSU and Chris Johanson are excited to see what this open ended and somewhat directed exhibit idea puts into your mind.
- There is a $10 entry fee that will help support some of the costs of the exhibition.
- Accepted work must be ready for installation. Two-dimensional pieces must be wired for hanging. Maximum size for two-dimensional work is 72 x 72 inches. Three-dimensional works must not exceed 8’ in height, cover more than six square feet of floor area, or weigh more than 200 lbs. Special installations will be considered as space allows.
- Selection of artworks shall be made from digital images on a CD. Up to three images may be submitted on the CD. Print the Submission Form, fill it out and return it with the CD to the address below. Images must be in TIFF or JPEG format at 300 ppi. Each image file should be titled in the following format: Last Name_First Name_Entry # (example: Doe_John_#1). Label the CD itself with you name. CD’s will not be returned.
- Along with the CD and Submission, please include a resume, artist’s statement and a short bio.
- Artists accepted for inclusion in the exhibition will be responsible for delivery and shipping both to and from the Autzen Gallery. Instructions for delivery and shipping shall be included with the juror acceptance notifications.
- Submissions shall be mailed to ART ALUMNI EXHIBITION, PSU Department of Art, P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751. Include a check for $10 made out to PSU Art Alumni and Friends or make the payment through the Paypal “Buy Now” below. Do this at the time you mail your submission. Submissions must be postmarked no later than July 26, 2010. Submissions may be hand delivered to the Art Department Office at 2000 SW 5th Avenue not later than 5:00 pm on July 29, 2010. Notifications should be mailed approximately within 30 days.
If you have questions please contact Mandee Schroer at email@example.com.