We will accept applications for Fall 2015 beginning September 16, 2014 through February 1, 2015. To facilitate scheduling of graduate courses, students are admitted for fall term only.
For admission to graduate study the student must have a minimum of a 3.25 grade point average in anthropology courses and an overall GPA of 3.00. See more FAQs on graduate admission.
Graduate Application Materials
To apply for an MA or an MS in Anthropology, there are two parts to the application process:
1) Applying to the university via the Admissions Office.
2) Applying to the Anthropology Department via our online application system. You will first need to click on "create your account" before applying. You will be asked to provide:
- Your name and contact information.
- Scans of transcripts from all prior attended institutions. In addition, official transcripts need to be sent to the PSU Admissions Office. See our FAQs for information on minimum GPA requirements.
- Information about previous teaching experience (if you want to be considered for a Teaching Assistantship).
- Scans of GRE scores. If instead you're sending hard copies directly from ETS, PSU's institution code is 4610 and the Anthropology department code is 1701. See our FAQs for information on minimum GRE scores.
- 500-word Statement of Intent: Why do you want to study in the PSU Anthropology Department's graduate program? Describe the focus of your studies and mention the faculty members you would like to work with. Explain why your interests mesh well with the program.
- Sample of written work: Provide a well-written paper that illustrates your academic skills and interests.
- Names of three persons qualified to assess the your promise as a graduate student and willing to provide letters of recommendation. Letters should come from academic referees if possible. You will provide recommender names and email addresses on the online application, and recommenders will be automatically emailed for you. Letters of Recommendation need to be received by the Anthropology Department by February 1st. Email your recommenders well ahead of time by advancing to the last page of the online application and clicking on "Submit Recommendation Request." This will email your recommenders now even if you are not ready to submit your final application.
Apply here: www.applyweb.com/apply/psuclas
If you would like some advice or have questions on the application process, please email us at email@example.com. The application deadline is February 1, 2014.