International travel program
Go Green abroad! The PSU Alumni Association is pleased to offer exclusive travel packages and discounts to our alumni and friends of Portland State.
Discounted travel packages from AHI Travel
Educated travelers rely on AHI Travel to deliver unforgettable journeys filled with authentic cultural encounters. When you travel with AHI, you’ll not only visit iconic sites, but you will revel in immersive experiences that encourage you to meet local people, participate in local events and discover the local way of life.
For more than 50 years, alumni associations and other institutions have enjoyed AHI deluxe travel programs, which allow you to explore the globe with the confidence that no detail has been left to chance. AHI, a family-owned company, and its worldwide network of travel experts create experiences with an insider’s resources, a native’s knowledge and a friend’s care, making you feel at home no matter where you are in the world.
- Groups are limited to 36 travelers to maximize your travel experience.
- Explore Lake Orta, perched in the mountains, and its legendary island of San Giulio.
- Visit historic, baroque villas and exotic gardens while exploring the beautiful Borromean Islands: Isola Madre, Isola dei Pescatori and Isola Bella.
- Cruise lakes Maggiore and Como, known as the great lakes of Italy, by private boat.
- Stroll through some of Lake Como’s most charming cities and villages, and stop in Bellagioand Como during an exclusive boat tour.
- Discover the vibrant city of Milan, Italy’s economic center and one of the great fashion capitals of the world.
- Journey north to Cannobio and cross the Swiss border to visit the lovely town of Ascona.
- Your exclusive Small-Group experience is limited to 28 travelers to maximize your travel experience.
- Enjoy deluxe lodge accommodations throughout your classic East African safari, from the finest lodges to luxurious tents embedded in the African bush.
- Explore the unique terrain of Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti plains — bothUNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Delight in the splendor of Kenya’s picturesque Lake Naivasha.
- Explore Amboseli National Park, featuring superb views of snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro, and the incredible Masai Mara Game Reserve.
- Track the magnificent Big Five wildlife in custom 4x4 safari vehicles that guarantee window seating.
- Travel with expert guides and drivers who enhance your experience by sharing their extensive knowledge.
- Two flights within East Africa reduce driving time between national parks and provide bird’s-eye views of the landscape and wildlife.
GOHAGAN & CO
Since 1984, Gohagan & Company has developed and operated imaginative travel programs that are simply unavailable anywhere else. Gohagan & Company’s programs are designed to appeal to a wide range of participants—from those seeking an ultra-deluxe river cruise or sea voyage to those who yearn for the simplicity of a tranquil week in one of Europe’s many historic villages. We offer up to 60 individual itineraries each year spanning the world’s seven continents.
Ancient Kingdoms of China: May 18 to June 1, 2014
This comprehensive, 15-day journey includes a six-night Grand Cruise along the fabled Yangtze River from Chongqing to Shanghai. And, spend three nights each Beijing and Shanghai and two nights Xi’an in Five-Star hotels. Visit the Three Gorges Dam, Beijing’s Forbidden City, the Great Wall and Xi’an’s Terra Cotta Warriors.
Hong Kong Post-Program Option.
Paris-Provence: September 1 to 9, 2014.
This exclusive French sojourn features a two-night stay in enchanting Paris, travel aboard the famous TGV high-speed train to the Rhône Valley, and a cruise through the world-famous Burgundy, Beaujolais and Provence wine regions. Spend a day in Lyon, France’s gastronomique gateway, before embarking the exclusively chartered m.s. Amadeus Symphony, one of the finest ships to ply the waterways of Europe. Visit the Roman city of Orange, the historic Papal Palace of Avignon and the wonderfully preserved Roman Amphitheater in Arles. London Pre-Program Option, with rail travel through the Chunnel to Paris, and Aix-en-Provence Post-Program Option.