Cultural Ambassador Program
In order to strengthen the connection with PSU international alumni, Alumni Relations would like to recognize students who are willing to share their experiences at PSU with potential international students after their graduation.
Cultural ambassadors who return home will give a presentation about PSU in their college/high-school, and will keep in contact with the admission office to help answer the questions of potential students from the same country. They will also help the creation and maintenance of a PSU Cultural Ambassador’s Facebook page dedicated to the home country, and will be a key contact for faculty, staff, and the PSU president who might travel in that region.
Cultural ambassadors who stay in the U.S. will help the admission office to answer the questions of prospective students, and will be a key contact if PSU faculty, staff, or the president will travel to their home countries. They will also help the creation and maintenance of a PSU Cultural Ambassador’s Facebook page dedicated to the home country, and they will participate in various PSU events that will promote the cultural ambassador program (new international students’ orientation, international night, etc.).
This is a One Year voluntary, unpaid position with an opportunity to be renewed. Cultural ambassadors will not be required to work a fixed number of hours per week. The amount of time dedicated to this job will depend on the ambassador’s availability. The main requirements for this position are enthusiasm and a genuine love for Portland and PSU!
Increase the connections between PSU and the rest of the world by helping and continuing the internationalization of the PSU campus, and also strengthening the ties between PSU and its international alumni.
• Keep in contact with faculty/ staff/ President
• Share your PSU experience with others
• Be part of the increasing internationalization of the PSU campus
• Enhance your experience and resume
• Represent PSU, the student body and the Alumni Association
• Pride in creating a new program that will strengthen connections and traditions between PSU and the rest of the world.
• Gain networking opportunities with new students and PSU alumni
• Acquire tools and resources to take advantage of after graduation
• Finish PSU experience with a memorable event
• Good communication skills
• Passion for Portland and PSU
• Ability to be self-directed and organized
• Ability to be a positive, reliable and helpful reference for faculty/ staff/ the PSU president and new or potential students
For further questions
Please feel free to contact us via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Phone: 503-725-9190)
Our physical address: Office of International Affairs
122 East Hall
632 SW Hall Street
Portland, OR 97201 USA
Current Cultural Ambassadors by Country: