PSU Alumni Association Board of Directors
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more … you are a leader.” -- U.S. President John Quincy Adams
The PSU Alumni Association (PSUAA) is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization governed by a volunteer board of directors. All directors are alumni of the institution; board structure includes elected officers and standing and ad hoc committees comprised of board and non-board volunteers.
PSUAA activities are financed using the Association’s private funds. The Association and board are supported by University staff in the PSU Office of Alumni Relations.
As the governing board for PSU’s Alumni Association, directors:
- Represents to the University the interests of the alumni
- Supports the University’s strategic initiatives
- Provides direction to the Alumni Association, in terms of programs and services
- Exercises fiduciary responsibility in overseeing the affairs of the Association
- Serves on at least one board standing committee
- To the degree they can, financially support the university.
General board meetings are held on campus beginning at 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Regular meetings: September, January, April
Board Retreat: June
Plus an Annual Stakeholders Meeting