Undergraduate Advising Guide
This online guide provides valuable information to PSU students and is designed to supplement academic advising.
Discover advising in an unexpected way! The Undergraduate Advising Guide is an online module available in D2L and was produced by Advising & Career Services. It is designed to help students address multiple questions about completing their degree successfully at PSU.
Topics include: Graduation Requirements, Academic Planning, Preparation, Making Choices, Exploring Goals, Adviser-Advisee Partnerships and Campus Resources. While the information is available online and in printed materials, the intent of the module is to centralize it and present it in a more engaging and dynamic way.
While the Undergraduate Advising Guide is designed for students in their first year at PSU, any current undergraduate student may access it in D2L via the Self Registration process. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Go to d2l.pdx.edu in your internet browser [Recommended browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari (Mac only)]
- Sign in with your Odin account.
- Once you reach D2L Home, click the Self Registration button on the navbar.
- You will be directed to an information page that will prompt you to click to continue.
- A list of courses will appear. Select Undergraduate Advising Guide.
- On the following screen, click Register.
- On the next screen, click Submit.
- On the next screen, click finish.
- You may now click to go directly to the Undergraduate Advising Guide. The Guide will appear in the "Ongoing" section of your course list and you will not be able to remove it.
The Undergraduate Advising Guide was produced with the support of the University's Provost's Challenge. Credits are due to Tom Curtis (Computer Science major) for web design, Kenny Katz (Film major) for video creation, and Mary Ann Barham and Becki Hunt Ingersoll (Advising & Career Services staff) for content development.