Normal processing time from the FAFSA application to the PSU award notification can take up to 2 or 3 months. No funds can be released to students before the beginning of a term. Therefore, it is crucial you apply early and be prepared with some start-up funds, in case your aid package is delayed.
Listed below are some of the items which may hold up your award:
- You have not been admitted to PSU (Must be admitted student to receive aid)
- You have not responded to a request for more information from financial aid office
- You did not accept your Award. You must respond to the online aid offer within 30 days. If you do not, your aid will be cancelled.
- Loan Funds: You did not complete your Promissory Note or respond to your guarantor's request for more information.
- Your enrollment has changed since you accepted your aid online. You may inform us of your enrollment plans or wait until the census week deadline in the term where automatic aid reductions are made for enrollment issues.
- You are on financial aid suspension or academic dismissal.