Search Google Appliance

Declaring a major

Students are required to declare their major before earning 90 credits. Some majors require coursework that is best started during your first year. Selecting a major is a process which begins by exploring one's self and then proceeds to exploring majors and possibly careers. This process begins in the first years of college.

A complete list of majors and links to their websites and degree maps is listed on the Undergraduate Programs page.

Once you decide on your major, you may change it online in banweb. Follow the instructions on the Office of the Registrar website. You may also do so in-person at the Registrar windows in the lobby of Neuberger Hall.  It is important to seek academic advising regularly as you work to complete your degree, so be sure to reference the Advising Locations page to find your academic adviser.

Please note: Certain programs require a separate application to the major department. All majors in the Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science, Child and Family StudiesCommunity Development, Film, Social Work and Theatre Arts require formal admittance before students are allowed to enroll in upper-division coursework. Architecture, ArtMusic, and Graphic Design require a portfolio review or audition before students can enroll in upper division coursework. Business majors "opt-in" to the major.