Preparing for a Career
Advising & Career Services strives to help students get from Point A to Point B – that is, from choosing a major and career path in their first couple years at Portland State to making a transition into a career that suits their skills, values and interests after graduation. We also assist students who want to locate part-time on- or off-campus positions or who are looking for internships.
We encourage students and alumni to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge offered by our professional staff.
We can help you:
- Prepare job search documents (resumes, cover letters, and curricula vitae)
- Learn job search strategies
- Develop your interviewing skills
- Engage in mock interviews
- Seize networking opportunities
Graduating from college and stepping out into the world can be both thrilling and daunting. Let us help you be as informed and prepared as possible for what comes next.