Advising & Career Services assists all students and alumni with major and career exploration by providing the following services:
- Major exploration
- Course planning (Exploratory Students)
- Petition assistance (e.g., Reinstatement, Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress) (Exploratory Students)
- Graduation requirements review (Exploratory Students)
- Referrals to campus resources or academic departments
- Career exploration/assessment
- Internship assistance
- Graduate/professional school options
- Resume and cover letter critiques
- Job search strategies
- Mock interviews
Our services are accessible through both appointments and drop-in hours with advisers and/or counselors. We offer numerous career development/job search workshops each month and coordinate career fairs that take place throughout the academic year. ACS also offers career exploration classes for students who wish to receive assistance with in-depth career exploration while earning credit toward their degree.
Advising & Career Services (ACS) is responsible for the career development needs of all PSU students and alumni and academic advising for students who are exploring majors, i.e., those who are undecided/undeclared or who are considering a change of major. ACS also provides referrals to academic departments or colleges/schools for students who have chosen a major. ACS also plays a significant campus leadership role around academic advising and career services in the form of guest workshops and classroom support.
Our office is comprised of many individuals working as a team to serve students, alumni, employers, other PSU faculty and staff, and our community at large. Please visit our profiles to learn more about our staff.