Getting Experience Through Internships
What You'll Find in Advising & Career Services
Internship Resources at Portland State University
Did you know...
- Advising & Career Services posted close to 1,000 internships in 2012-2013?
- The #1 way employers recruit new employees in through internships? (NACE, 2012)
- As a PSU student, you can gain access to internship opportunities by registering for CareerConnect, our job and internship database?
If you visit our office, you will find:
- Counselors & advisers who can assist with your internship search, resume help, interview tips, and more.
- Drop-in hours for current PSU students and alumni.
- Printed resources on many internship-related topics, including earning credit for internships, informational interviewing, and international internships.
Advising & Career Services' staff also maintain the internships resources page found on the Careers website. There, you will find an abundance of information about internships and other ways to gain experience, including:
- How to prepare for an internship.
- Where to search for opportunities.
- Legal guidelines for unpaid internships.
- International internships.
Watch this great video created by Kenny, a Portland State University student who has realized how much getting experience while in college sets you up for life beyond getting your degree: