The University Policy Committee has approved revisions, which have been adopted, to the Reasonable Accommodation/Access Policy and the Financial Conflict of Interest Policy. In addition, the committee is seeking public comment on a draft Philanthropic Naming and Endowment Policy through Oct. 15.
These and other University policies may be found in PSU's Policy Library.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that:
- PSU students with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations that give them the opportunity for equal access to educational programs, activities, and university life.
- Prospective students are provided with reasonable accommodations to assist them in the application process.
- PSU employees with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations to allow them to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Applicants for employment at PSU with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations to assist them in the application and hiring process.
- Members of the public who require accommodations are provided with reasonable accommodations to access PSU facilities or to participate in PSU-sponsored events or activities.
This sets forth PSU's policy on the disclosure, review, management and resolution of Financial Conflicts of Interest and pertains to Principal Investigators and their designated Senior/Key Personnel. This policy is required by, and is intended to establish compliance with, the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS), National Institutes of Health Regulation (42 CFR Part 50, Subpart F) "Promoting Objectivity in Research." It is also intended to establish compliance with the National Science Foundation (NSF) and other granting agencies' policies on Conflict of Interest.
Public comments on this draft policy will be accepted until October 15, 2012, and considered prior to adoption of the final policy. Please visit the Policy Library website to submit comments. Questions can also be directed to Lorrie Baker, paralegal in the PSU Office of the General Counsel, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.