What: Portland State of Mind Day of Service
When: Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Registration and coffee from 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. Lunch and transportation to service sites will be provided.
Where: Check in at the Native American Student Community Center, room 110, 701 SW Jackson St.
The Student Community Engagement Center and the Portland State Alumni Association present "Portland State of Mind Day of Service," which will serve as one of the culminating events of the 10-day Portland State of Mind celebration! Students, faculty, alumni, and staff will join together to show their Portland State spirit by serving in their community.
Service Projects include:
- ReUse Room: Making notebooks out of donated materials and helping to clean the space
- Native American Student Community Center (NASCC): Painting two rooms in the NASCC
- Women's Resource Center: Weeding and cleaning
- Food Pantry: Collecting bins from food drive and helping to organize the pantry
- SE Uplift (3534 SE Main St.): Weeding and planting native plants
- Forest Park Conservancy (Forest Park): Ivy removal
Cost: Free and open to the public
Contact: Felipe Ferreira, email@example.com, 503-725-8132